PersonDr. iur., Universitätsprofessor
Christian HuberMag. rer. soc. oec.
- Phone: +49 241 80 94769
- Winter Monday from 11.45am
- Summer Wednesday from 3pm
- Please ask for a prior notification for consulting.
Professor Christian Huber was born in Linz, Austria in 1955. Having studied law and business at the Johannes Kepler University in Linz, gaining a Dr. iur. degree in 1979 and a Mag. rer. soc. oec. degree in 1981, he received his postdoctoral lecture qualification ("Habilitation") from the Faculty of Law at the University of Vienna in 1992. In April 1998, Prof. Huber became head of the Chair of Civil Law, Business Law and Labor Law in the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University. Since 2008, he has also been a liaison professor of the German National Academic Foundation ("Studienstiftung des Deutschen Volkes").
Professor Huber has been married to Dr. Anita Huber since 1982. They have two children: Marion (born in 1990) and Killian (born in 1993).
Main fields of research:
- German, Austrian, Swiss and European Law of Damages
- Law of Recourse of Social Insurance Agencies
- Law of Private Insurance
- Law of Limitation
Co-editor of the following law journals:
- Zeitschrift für Verkehrsrecht (Austria)
- Neue Zeitschrift für Verkehrsrecht (Germany)
- Der Kfz-Sachverständige (Germany)
- HAVE (Switzerland)
- Foreign correspondent of the law journal Strassenverkehr/Circulation routière (Switzerland)
More than 500 publications, mainly focussing on the German and Austrian Law of Damages and Law of Private Insurance.
List of publications (available in German only) here.
Lectures are mainly held for lawyers specialized in Insurance Law, judges and motor vehicle experts - in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
Focus: Austrian Law of Damages (in particular: Road Traffic Accident Law)
- Institute for European Traffic Law (member of the managerial board)
- German Association of University Lecturers on Civil Law (Deutsche Zivilrechtslehrervereinigung)
- Annual Congress of the Association of German Jurists (Deutscher Juristentag)
- German Association of Comparative Law (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Rechtsvergleichung)
- Annual Congress of the German Traffic Court (Deutscher Verkehrsgerichtstag)
- Annual Congress of the Association of Austrian Jurists (Österreichischer Juristentag)
- German Association of University Professors and Lecturers (Deutscher Hochschulverband)